The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is calling for applications from local (KwaZulu-Natal) film and TV producers to be part of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission’s registered delegates at the Kalasha International Film and TV Market 2022 to be held from 10-12 June 2022 at KICC Nairobi.
The Kalasha International TV and Film Market is a trade fair organized by the Kenya Film Commission that brings together local, regional and international TV and film to gather, discuss exchange, collaborate, share stories and develop new business opportunities. The event provides high-level interaction with Commissioners, Producers, Directors, Scriptwriters, Network groups, TV Channels, Mobile operators, Distributors to exchange knowledge on new programs and development policy. There are also side events such as the trade show, workshops, coaching and pitching sessions.
Submissions are open 6-13 May 2022
Applications must include the following:
- A fully completed KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission markets and festivals application form
- All accompanying valid documents as per requirements on the application form
- A motivation to attend the market that details how your attendance will assist your business and your desired outcomes from your attendance of the festival
- The invitation is open to producers with animation projects, feature films, short films and feature documentary film projects looking for co-producers, funders, distributors, or a combination of these
- Invitation is only open to Tier 1 ,Tier 2 & Tier 3 producers (working and not expired links of projects must be submitted as proof)
- Producers must submit the Producer’s package of the project they are taking to the festival
- The applicant is to state the stage in which their film is in, ie; development / production / complete
- Detailed CV of the Producer or director, CV/ Profile of the applicant should demonstrate previous work done and include contactable references.
- Valid proof of residence
- Copy of passport
- Vaccination certificate or be willing to vaccinate
Submit your applications to KZNFilmFund@kznfilm.co.za
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups.
NB: All KZN Film Commission delegates will be required to submit attendance report within 14 days after the event.
- Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films, television fiction and/or non-fiction.
- Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, and/or non-fiction, +short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
- Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Emergent (A):
(Produced short film, 4-7 years in industry, No formal training at NQF level 6, Worked in industry as crew/assistant, Produced Micro-budget film/television/fiction or non-fiction)
- Emergent (B)
(Completed degree or 3 national SETA certified diploma PDI Male and female, Recent graduate, Portfolio of Evidence, 0-3 years in industry)
Applications which do not meet compliance will be disqualified.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
Last modified: May 6, 2022