CALL FOR SIMON ‘MABHUNU’ SABELA AWARDS JUDGES
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is seeking to appoint credible, suitably qualified individuals to
provide their expertise in the judging panel for the Annual Simon “Mabhunu” Sabela KZN Film and
Television Awards 2021.
SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
• Judging all entries received in the respective category that the entrants are entered for in
the following judging panels:
➢ Filtration judging panel (which includes feature and micro budget films and
➢ Final Judging panel
➢ Chairpersons Judging Panel
• Judges will receive judging packs to view all entrants prior to commencement of judging.
• Each judging panel group will need to appoint a chairperson of the panel who will be
required to compile a report to the Overall Chairperson of the Simon “Mabhunu” Sabela
Film & Television Awards within 3 days of completion of the judging panel chaired.
• All appointed individuals will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement between
themselves and the KZNFC.
• The panels will be in place for a period of 2 years.
• Judging will take place as of August 2021 – September 2021 in the respective categories.
• Bid for the appointment of the individuals will be evaluated in accordance with number of
years’ experience in the industry and number of years’ experience in judging of film &
television awards / film festivals.
• A motivational letter is a MUST, including three reference letters from clients /organisations
whom the applicant has provided a similar service to.
• Individual is a director or Producer of a Feature Film or of a Made for TV / Micro budget Film
Closing date: 18 August 2021
For more information, please email SimonSabela@kznfilm.co.za
All submissions must be emailed to SimonSabela@kznfilm.co.za by the 19th of August 2021.
Last modified: August 12, 2021