CALL TO PARTICIPATE AT THE DURBAN FILMMART (16-25 July 2021)
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is calling for applications from local (KwaZulu-Natal) film and TV producers to be part of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission’s registered guests at the 2021 Durban FilmMart.
The Market will be presented virtually, therefore applicants are advised to provide their own data to access the market.
The mission of the Durban FilmMart Institute is to provide appropriate and effective programmes and services to promote, support and facilitate investment in the African film industries, so that African film industry professional and products are competitive and celebrated globally.
The Durban FilmMart aims to:
- Raise the visibility of projects from the African Continent and create networking opportunities with potential co-producers and other industry partners.
- Facilitate funding for promising projects and accelerate the financing of participating projects through transnational cooperation.
- Stimulate the production of African content and promote international co-production opportunities.
- Encourage project collaboration between African filmmakers.
- Act as a feeder stage for established co-production markets across the globe.
Submissions are open 23 June – 12 July 2021
Applications must include the following:
- A fully completed KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission markets and festivals application form.
- A motivation to attend the festival.
- Demonstration of how your attendance will assist your business and or your desired outcomes from your attendance of the festival.
- Invitation is also open to producers, writers, and directors with a producer’s package ready for funding or producers who have already produced at least 3 animation projects.
- Detailed CV of the applicant.
Submit your applications to KZNFilmFund@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
Last modified: July 8, 2021