KWAZULU-NATAL FILM COMMISSION QUESTION AND ANSWERS FOR THE NON-COMPULSORY BRIEF SESSION FOR THE: SMME INCUBATION PROGRAMME AND A MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR THE KWAZULU-NATAL FILM COMMISSION (KZNFC) HELD ON THE 15th MARCH 2021.
Bid Number: KZNFC-T13/2020/21
- Are service providers still required to submit a separate financial proposal since they is already a price schedule attached in the bid document?
SBD 1 for the Invitation to bid also gives space for the bid price which is required to be filled in, the price filled in on SBD 1 cannot be different from the fixed price outlined in the price schedule attached in the bid document
- How will the body of work be evaluated in terms of the projects that the service providers have worked in?
The appointed service provider must have editing experience and also must have producing experience. If a service provider has produced 5 short films and also edited on those short films than the service provider can submit the same short films to be scored against the Producing and Editing criteria’s in the evaluation grid. In order to obtain the full score for the Experience of an Editor the service provider must have been an Editor on a minimum of 5 Feature film/TV series/Short films/Made for TV movies and proof for these must be submitted.
- Since the bid process already has a fixed price which automatically means that all service providers will score 80 points on price and preference points will be dependent on the BBBEE status level, so if the points are the same on 80/20 will the scores obtained in the evaluation on functionality play any part in determining who will be awarded the services?
Yes, the scores obtained in the evaluation on functionality will be considered as a determining factor if the points obtained in the 80/20 are the same between service providers. If the scores are still the same even on functionality than the drawing of lots will be used as the final determining factor.
- Please provide the background on the fixed price stipulated in the price schedule of the bid document so to ensure that the budget is understood and will be enough to deliver on the objectives of the project.
The project is for SMME project, small to medium businesses that have been trained for the last two years. They are a total of 10 SMME teams in total of which not all of the teams are in the production space, not all are going to go through the value chain of pitching and finding work. The outcome of the training is to give the teams knowledge of the production process. The content to be produced itself is very short, they will run for 5 to 15 minutes. A few of the films will be used by the teams to promote themselves which will consist of 3 actors.
- Can business videos be submitted as short films as per requirements in the evaluation grid?
Yes, business videos are also acceptable.
Last modified: March 18, 2021