CALL FOR FILMMAKERS TO ATTEND MARKETS & FESTIVALS
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is pleased to announce that the call for delegations for international and regional Festivals and Markets attendance is now open for festivals taking place online during dates September 2020 – February 2021. Please see list of festivals below.
National and international platforms are critical for filmmakers to showcase films in strategic film festivals and participate in markets. The KZNFC has a programme for markets and festivals attendance linked to the strategic objectives of the entity. Filmmaker delegations will be invited to form part of a film trade mission for approved markets and festivals geared towards the business of film and the exhibition of filmed content. No other applications for markets and festivals will be considered. Applicants that are part of KZNFC industry delegations can be funded from this category. Applicants are required to submit a detailed cost and narrative report within four weeks of returning from the trip. Only approved applicants will be awarded funding.
Individuals, companies and organisations may submit funding applications to the KZNFC for any market or festival taking place in months September 2020 – February 2021. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Opening date for submissions: 17 September 2020
Closing date for submissions: 25 September 2020
Applications must include the following:
- A fully completed KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission markets and festivals application form
- All accompanying valid documents as per requirements on the application form
- A motivation to attend the market
- Demonstration of how your attendance will assist your business and or your desired outcomes from your attendance of the festival
- The invitation is open to producers with; TV series projects, feature films, and feature documentary film projects looking for co-producers, funders, distributors, or a combination of these
- Invitation is only open to Tier 1 ,Tier & Tier 3 producers (links of projects must be submitted as proof)
- Invitation is also open to animation producers with projects currently in production or development
- Producers must submit the Producer’s package of the project they are taking to the festival
- The applicant is to state the stage in which their film is in, ie; development / production / complete
- Detailed CV of the Producer
Submit your applications to KZNFilmFund@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
Applications which do not meet compliance will be disqualified.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST (PLEASE TICK TO CONFIRM SUBMISSION)
- KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Markets & Festivals Application Form
- Motivation Letter
- Producer’s Package
- Detailed CV with contactable references
- Proof of produced and completed 1 feature film or 2 documentaries or 3 Micro-budget films or 3 short films or a TV series (please provide evidence; a link or copy of the complete project with credits)
Last modified: September 21, 2020