The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) launched its Film Fund in July 2014. The Fund is for the production and development of television, feature film, animation and documentary content. The Film Fund also caters for Marketing and Distribution, and Markets and Festivals. A Panel of Evaluators advises the Film Fund Approval Committee on suitable projects to be considered for funding by the KZNFC. The term for the current Panel of Evaluators is coming to an end. The Commission is therefore seeking suitable practitioners that can be called on to assist with the evaluation of funding applications. Please note that this is not an advertisement for permanent employment. Members of the Evaluation Panel will be called upon as and when the need arises to assist with evaluation of specific projects.
The KwaZulu Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) is calling for seasoned TV / Film professionals who are able or experienced in evaluating applications for Development, Production, Marketing and Distribution, and or Markets and Festivals funding. The panel shall consist of persons who have achieved distinction or have special knowledge or experience in Film / TV. A member of the panel shall hold office for a period not exceeding two years. S/he may be re-appointed on the panel after the term has expired.
- Film/TV graduate with at least 5 years of experience, producing ground breaking stories. If not a graduate, the professional must have at least 10 years of production experience in documentaries, feature films, or TV series in a leadership role, or
- In-depth and diverse understanding of the requirements for developing or producing feature films, animation and or documentaries, or
- Extensive experience in dealing with the requirements of a Film Fund and or broadcast work, or
- Extensive experience in the running of a production workflow with emphasis on project development and production
The individual should be easily accessible to the KZNFC, through electronic means or face to face interactions. A Panel Member will be matched with a project to be evaluated based on expertise, availability, and interest in the category of funding. The KZNFC reserves the right to decide on a suitable match for a project.
- A motivation (maximum 2 pages) as to why you should be considered to the Panel of Evaluators.
- Your CV, detailed profile, and or filmography.
- Please indicate your area of expertise in the following categories of the Film Fund: Development, Production, Marketing and Distribution, and Markets and Festivals
Your documents must be accompanied by the Supplier Database Registration Form downloadable from www.kwazulunatalfilm.co.za under FORMS. Documents must be couriered or dropped off, on or before 18 September 2015, at:
KwaZulu Natal Film Commission, 101 The Marine, 22 Dorothy Nyembe Street, Durban, 4001
No emailed or faxed documents will be accepted.
For any enquiries please contact Zanele Nhlapo on email@example.com or Buhle Ngcobo on firstname.lastname@example.org . Only emailed queries shall be entertained. General information of the Film Fund can be found in the website under ‘Funding’.
Last modified: September 16, 2015