You are invited to create a creative, informative and motivating video which will be used on various marketing platforms. An incredible prize of R20 000 is up for grabs.
Your video entry should be submitted before 12:00 on Monday, 26 January 2015, and adhere to the criteria set out below. Late entries will not be accepted.
Once entries have closed, the MIA organising team will select 10 videos that will be posted on the MIA website. Members of the public will then be invited to vote for their favourite video. The video with the most votes at 12:00 on Friday, 27 February 2015, will be the winner.
- The video should be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length. The main language in the video should be English, but the wise inclusion of other African languages will increase your chances of being selected to the top 10,
- The MIA2015 theme should be prevalent. The themes are: Celebrate Africa, Rebuilding the walls (Nehemiah), Moving into Action, and Going North (we advise that you browse the MIA website for more information),
- The video should include the following information on the MIA2015 event:
- Date: 2 – 5 July 2015
- Venue: Pretoria, South Africa,
- MIA2015 website address: www.mia2015.co.za
- Multiple training opportunities available in the buildup to the event,
- Outreach opportunities available post the event.
- The video should include the MIA2015 logo, which is included in the ‘Resource Pack’ supplied to all who register for the MIA2015 Video Contest,
Rules of the competition
- No videos submitted after 12:00 on 26 January 2015 will be accepted,
- The selection of the top 10 videos by the MIA2015 leadership team is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To partake in the MIA2015 Video Contest, you are required to register and pay a participation fee of R120,
- Upon registration each participant will receive a link to a Dropbox folder with multiple resources that can be used. These include the MIA logo, MIA music video and sound track, a detail summary of MIA, photo’s, video footage, and much more. The use of the supplied resources are optional, except for the MIA logo.
To register, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will forward you all the needed information.
Last modified: April 20, 2020